Sunday, November 15, 2009

Monday, November 16, 2009

Hey Family and Friends!

I hope you are all Genki! (happy - lively - energetic) This week in Sasebo has been a great one! We had Zone Conference on Thursday in Fukuoka. It was combined with the Fukuoka Zone. There were a ton of missionaries there. We also had a special guest, Elder Stevenson of the Quorum of the 70. It was great, I learned a lot. He focused on Faith and how we should commit people to do things to come unto Christ. Then, the next day we had a companion exchange with our Zone Leaders. It was really great. I was with Yamashita choro for most of the day. It was really fun to be able to speak only Japanese. Also, Elder Yamashita and I taught Watanabesan. It went so amazing! We taught her the first half of the plan of Salvation. Also, I asked her if she came to know that this was true would she be baptized. She said yes! And she reads the Book of Mormon and prays everyday, so I know she is going to receive and answer to her prayers and know this gospel is true. But, a problem she might have is getting work off on Sundays. So, I ask you to pray that she will be able to come to church! Then on Saturday, we had the American branch Thanksgiving party! All of the Nagasaki Elders came as well. It was a great time and I ate so much food. One unfortunate thing happened on Sunday though. While we were teaching Judy , she ended up deciding she didn't want to study the Book of Mormon anymore. It was very sad, we have known her for a long time. I really was so sad because I know that Heavenly Father loves her and wants her to come back to Him. Well, we will still keep in touch with her because I still have Faith that someday Judy will be baptized. I know that she will because I know she has felt the Spirit. So that wasn't the best end of the week, but we are still really happy about the efforts Watanabesan is making. We will keep on relying on the Lord and working hard here in Sasebo. Also, transfers are coming up in a week and a half. So, I might be transferring soon. That will be so weird! Well, I love you all so much and hope you are always happy. I pray for you every day. Stay strong in the Faith!

Stubbs choro

No comments:

Post a Comment