Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, November 9, 2009

Hey Friends and Family!

This has been a great week here in Sasebo. I hope that all is well where you are at. This week we got 2 new investigators. Both of these investigators are very interested. it makes me so happy to have investigators that want to hear...not just are willing to hear. One of the investigators is named watanabe hisako. We found her through English class and I asked her if she had interest in religion. She said she wanted to hear our lessons! So we taught her on tuesday and the lesson went amazing. She accepted the commitment to read the Book of Mormon and pray to Heavenly Father. Then I called her a few days later and she said she loved prayer and is reading the Book of Mormon! It was exciting to here. The only thing is she works on Sunday. So, we are going to have to do a lot of praying, but I know that with God's help we can work it all out. The other investigator is Saki. She is in late highschool. We met her while handing out English flyers. She did a homestay in Utah for 1 month and went to church 4 times! She said she really likes church. And she came to church this week. We are excited to get started teaching her. Also, a member in our branch is one of her classmates. Well, the work in Sasebo is really picking up. It makes me so happy because I am having the opportunity to do more teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it because I have more opportunites to make people truly and eternally happy. I feel like you could add just one phrase to the missionary's purpose. "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to end, [ so that they will be eternally happy ]. Well, I love you all so much. Keep praying for missionary opportunites. and stay safe and happy.

Stubbs choro

No comments:

Post a Comment