Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, January 4, 2010

Hey Family and Friends!

I hope your holidays have been great.They were really fun here. On New Years day we went over to the Sasaki Family's house and celebrated with them. In Japan, New Years is all about food. All the food has meaning for the new year. Like, If you eat Mikkans( a Japanese fruit), you will supposedly make a lot of money in the year. It is really fun. I ate some crazy stuff too. I ate this thing that was herring(a fish) eggs. It was pretty gross, but I put it down haha. It's so interesting to learn about the culture here. They celebrate New Year's for 3 days. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. How fun is that! Well an update on Watanabesan is that she is still planning on being baptized this Saturday at 6! She is so ready! I love to see the happiness that the gospel brings into people's lives. It is truly the only thing that can bring eternal and true happiness into our lives. Please pray for Watanabesan that she will be able to make it to baptism and enter the gate to Eternal Life. Unfortunately, transfers are this week on Thursday, which is before the baptism. I haven't found out if I am transfering yet, but it is very likely. It will be really sad to leave everyone here. I love them all so much. I have made so many memories, learned a ton about the gospel, and met some incredible latter-day saints here in Sasebo. I don't think I will ever forget it. Well, I love you all so much and appreciate all of your prayers for missionary work. Keep working hard in your section of the vinyard and the Lord will bless you more than you can imagine. I feel His blessings every day. Stay Safe and Happy!

Stubbs choro

Reply

Forward




No comments:

Post a Comment