Hi Family and Friends - Before you get to Kyle's letter we wanted to let you know that Kyle will be coming home 5 weeks early (April 22) as the missions in Japan adjust to changes needed to accommodate those missionaries displaced by the disasters in March. With so many new missionaries arriving from the MTC they have to make some room! We found out Friday that this would affect Kyle. With this accelerated schedule, I have some preparing to do to get things ready before he arrives. I have already taken care of the important things though - I bought 2 big boxes of Cheezits from Sam's on Friday so we're ready! Thanks so much for all your prayers and thoughts. Sandy
Hey Friends and Family!
Well to say the least this has been a crazy week. Especially with the decision to head home in a couple weeks. It has been crazy to think that it is all coming to an end. But it has been such a great run so far and the end is shaping up to be an awesome end. All of our investigators are doing so good. Goto san has been doing sooo good. He said this week that he he will get baptized even if it kills him. He said there is nothing that will keep him from being baptized. Through his trials and his fight with parkinson's disease the Lord has blessed him with a strengthened testimony. I testify that service/ charity brings a change in people. He recognized that no matter what happens we/ God would be by his side and he knew that he must be baptized to keep that companionship after this life. I am so excited for him! Also, he used to be a way awesome guitarist before he was stricken with Parkinson's. He has six old guitars at his house that I am cleaning and fixing up for him. I am also have learned from him that music heals us. Also, the Funakoshis are doing soo good. The Mom is awesome. Her faith is so strong and nothing can bring her down. The husband is doing great too. He has been cutting down on smoking and has stopped drinking tea! What an amazing thing! He is receiving a lot of power from the Lord. Also, we had another awesome miracle this week. On last Sunday we got a call from Nagasaki as they were talking to a man on the street. He actually lives in Fukuoka so we set up a time to meet on Tuesday. So we met on Tuesday. It was great. His name is Hideshima Seiichiro. He doesn't have any Christian background but thought that it was important to learn about. He is such a humble person. He was very receptive to the message of the restoration and wanted to know if it was true. We taught him about prayer and the Book of Mormon and challenged him to be baptized on the 21st of May. He accepted! So we are going to get going working with him. The blessings we have been seeing are sooo good. The Lord is being so generous to allow us to be involved in this work. Also, we watched General Conference yesterday and the day before. I enjoyed it a ton. There were so many good talks. I really felt like the topics they talked about were inspired by the Spirit and they are definitely Apostles of God! I love this Gospel! I am so grateful that Jesus Christ restored this church back on the earth in these days and I feel very blessed to be a part of it! I love you all so much
Stubbs choro
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment