Hey Family and Friends!
I hope your week was great! It was good here in Sasebo. This week we had a companionship exchange on Tuesday with the District leader and his companion. It was a way fun experience. At first, I was with Elder Reyes the district leader and we went housing pretty far away. We found two potential investigators in a few hours. It was an awesome time. I learned a lot from Elder Reyes. Then we went to eat, and afterwards I went with Elder Johnson (he is a bean- this is his first transfer) to go housing. It was my first being the older missionary while doing missionary work. And guess what, we ended up finding two more potential investigators. That experience really tells me that the Lord takes imperfect people (both of us aren't good at Japanese haha) and uses them to do his work. One of those potential investigators is now an investigator, his name is Kubosan. It was such a great experience. It really shows me that if we have faith in the lord and are willing to do what He asks, He can make us equal to the task we are doing. So, this week we found 4 potential investigators in one day. It made me so happy. So, that was definitely a highlight of my week. Also, we were able to watch General Conference this weekend. I loved hearing from the prophet and the other General Authorities. I felt so often during the conference that they were speaking directly to me. I know and testify that that comes from the spirit being present. I hope that you all enjoyed General Conference. I also loved hearing President Monson's talk about helping others. I plan to do much more unplanned acts of service. I know that if Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father were on this Earth right now, they would always look for opportunities to help there neighbor. Since we need to become like them, it is essential that we do the same. So, I encourage all of you to look for opportunities to serve your neighbor today and for the rest of your life. I love you all and hope you have a safe and happy week.
Stubbs choro
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment