Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello Friends and Family,

This week has been very exciting and slightly exhausting. Sasebo has had a crazy week. Mostly because of Yosakoi. But anyways, On Monday we went to this really big catholic church downtown in Sasebo. It was wild to see such a nice catholic church here in Japan. It shows the spread of Christianity to the Japanese people. Then Tuesday, we did a companionship exchange in Saga. When I was working with Elder Johnson (on his second transfer), we found them two new potential investigators. It was very exciting. My Japanese is really starting to come along. The Lord is truly blessing my efforts in studying this language. Also, this week we taught Takeichiro again. We taught him the importance of prayer and asked him to pray. And we have a new investigator named Emi. She is very nice and currently she doesn't believe in God, but she is willing to listen to us. That is all we ask :) . Also, Emi came with us to the Barnhill family's house for dinner on Friday. Then, on Saturday, we had a crazy day. All over town, Yosakoi was going on. It is a lot of Japanese people on dance teams that really bust out of their shell. I've never seen Japanese people have so much energy and be willing to show it. Usually, they are very reserved. The dances were very exciting and fun. This was a very exciting and interesting part of Japanese culture. On Saturday night, we had the Halloween party at church. It was so much fun. We ran the bobbing for mikkans(tangerine like fruit) and hanging donuts booths. It was fun. I was dressed as a Japanese person haha. Also, there were tons of nonmembers there. And yesterday, on Sunday, 5 of those nonmembers went to Brother Caldwells house for dinner. We were able to have a good religious conversation. No new investigators from them yet. But, maybe one of them will call us with interest. Lastly, we taught Judy on Sunday. She is currently not willing to pray on her own. We are praying really hard for her that she will feel the importance of prayer and go down to her knees. I know that she will believe if she prays and I know it is the only way. So, that is our biggest investigator concern right now. Lastly, on Sunday, I gave a talk on missionary work in the American branch. It all went well. Whew! This was a busy week. I hope you all are happy and remembering to do the little things. Helping people in need, reading the scriptures and praying everyday. I know that if you do those things, your Faith in Jesus Christ will be strengthened. I love you all so much. Stay safe and Happy.

Stubbs choro

No comments:

Post a Comment