Sunday, November 1, 2009

Monday, November 2, 2009

Hey Family and Friends!

I hope your week was great and you are all happy. It was a pretty good week here in Sasebo. There is actually one really funny story I want to share. Elder McCall and Johnson(from Saga) were housing near an investigators house. Then met the investigator, Judy, and went outside and taught her a lesson. This was at about 8 at night. While they were teaching, this old man that they had talked to earlier walked by them and then up the hill. A few minutes later he came back with 9 POLICEMAN! hahaha. The policeman came and asked Elder McCall if they had knocked on this man's door. He said, "yes, we did." The old man started getting really angry and saying how late they came to his house. When the policeman heard his reasons, they laughed. After that, the policeman left. So nothing happened. It was so funny. But really! 9 Policeman! That seems a little excessive for someone knocking on your door too late. Haha we have really fun times here in Sasebo. I'm sure the old man was just concerned. It just turned out to be really funny. Well this week, we were focusing on helping our members this week. We made small papers white t-shirts and wrote "we love ____ family". Then we went to their houses and stuck the papers on their door. It went really well and they were very appreciative on Sunday. We are trying as hard as we can to use and uplift our Japanese members. Hopefully, our work with members will lead to them trusting us with teaching their close friends. I know that there is no substitute for member missionary work. So, I ask that you all pray for missionary opportunities so you can help build up the Kingdom of God. I love you all so much. I hope you are all very happy and safe.

Stubbs choro

No comments:

Post a Comment