Hey Friends and Family!
I hope your weeks have been great. (Jay and Mary, I know your week has been good). I`m super excited to have a new nephew! Well, this week was a pretty good one despite the fact that we entered the rainy season. I thought rainy season just meant a little more rain than normal. That is definitely wrong. The rainy season means it rains all day every day. There were only a couple of hours I saw this week with no rain. And I didn`t see the sun this week. But on the upside, this week was way good overall. Despite the rain we were able to get a lot of things done and meet with a lot of our investigators. We also got two referrals from members this week. And one of them is a new investigator! I love when members see the blessings the gospel bring them and then want others to have the same blessings. It makes such a difference if the investigator has a friend that is a member. They have someone to sit by at church, a friend to be there when they hear the lessons, a person to answer their questions. It makes a whole world of difference. Also, this week katsuyuki kun improved so much when we had lessons with him. but, on Sunday, he didn`t come to church. We aren`t sure why he decided not to come but we are going to ask him as soon as possible to get him back on the right track. Another person who did really well this week was Tsuda san. She has come to Eikaiwa the last couple weeks and has begun hearing the lessons. She is interested because her Grandmother was Christian and was incredibly faithful. Before her grandmother died she asked her if she was scared. Her grandmother said she wasn`t scared at all because she believed Jesus Christ would save her. She knew she would live again. This greatly touched Tsuda san and made her think there might be something to this whole Christianity thing. But, she didn`t do anything about it for years and now she is coming to Eikaiwa and we are answering her questions. It is truly amazing the effect we can have on people even when we don`t know it. Her grandmother`s actions eventually led Tsuda san to the true church of Jesus Christ. After getting baptized, she can receive baptism for her grandmother. Well, she has still only heard two lessons, but I believe there is a reason we met her at the time we did and I truly feel like she will be baptized. I love the people I get to meet while serving. Also, I love seeing the way God has touched people`s lives and led them to us or led us to them. This is the true gospel and our Heavenly Father wants everyone to hear it. I know that it works just as Elder Uchtdorf said it does. The Lord find the work and provides the way, but we provide the hands. That is truly the purpose of the Priesthood and the responsibilities of members of the church. We do what Christ would do if He were here. It is a privilege to be the hands of the Lord. A privilege I hope you all rejoice in every day. Be the hands of the Lord. I love you all so much. Keep working hard in all you do, especially in the home and at church. Those two things are a part of Eternal Life, the things of God and our families! Take care!
Stubbs choro
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment