Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hey Friends and Family!
I hope you are all genki over on the other side of the world. We are definitely genki over here. But I`m not in Kagoshima anymore. But there is some super exciting news from Kagoshima I heard today. Katsuyuki kun was baptized yesterday! I am so excited for him. Early this week Elder Haoka and I decided he was ready to be baptized so we set up the baptism for Sunday. But then, I got trasferred out. Yep, we had transfers this week. So, this week was super busy and crazy. I got transfered to Nagasaki! It was a bummer not seeing Katsuyuki kun`s baptism but I am just happy I was able to teach him and work with him! Well one cool thing about Nagasaki is that is in the same Zone as Sasebo! That means I will get to go and do companion exchanges in Sasebo. Also, I talked to the Elder`s in Sasebo yesterday and they told me about Sister Watanabe ( used to be watanabe san). They said that she was there favorite member in the whole branch and her faith is sooo strong. I was sooo excited to hear that. She sounds like she is doing really well and I really hope I get to see her and say hello this transfer! Well, my new companion is Elder Hardy. He has been on the mission a couple transfers longer than I have. He is also from Australia and is the most genki person in the mission. He is so awesome and is a great missionary. I am learning a lot from him already. Also, another crazy thing that happened this week was that half of the Hiroshima mission entered our mission. So we have about 25 new missionaries in our mission from Hiroshima. It is a super cool thing. Well, the investigators here in nagasaki are so awesome! We are teaching some way cool foreigners... a couple chinese guys and a few from the Middle East. Way cool! One person you will be hearing a lot more about this transfer is named David. He is Chinese and so cool! He has a ton of faith and is scheduled from baptism in about 3 weeks, but first needs to get permission from his parents in China and also ask for Sunday afternoons off from work. I know that he needs a miracle, but I know that if we all have faith, then it will happen. We also had a couple really cool experiences while finding people this week. We went into a convenience store and Elder Hardy went to the bathroom and I saw this youngish man that looked really depressed. So, I went over and sat across from him and asked him how he was doing. The result is we are going to be teaching him a lesson tonight! The Lord truly leads us to the people that are ready to hear the gospel. I love this gospel and know that it is true! God loves everyone and wants us to be happy. And He has provided a way for that to happen. I love you all so much and hope you are safe and happy! Keep praying for missionary opportunities!

Stubbs Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment