Sunday, November 28, 2010

Monday, November 29, 2010

Hey Family and Friends!

All is well in my tropical paradise. How are you all doing? I hope really well. This week was a ridiculously busy one. We were only in our own apartment for 2 days haha. On Monday night we went to the Otte family's house. It was such a fun time. Their family of boys love the missionaries. We had a great time. On Tuesday and Wednesday we were in Naha for a missionary training. It went really good and I learned a ton. It was really fun to see all the missionaries as well. I was able to see Elder Hardy again and do some more proselyting with him. It was great. Unfortunately, his mission is finishing in 2 weeks. Bummer! But, I'm glad I got to see him again before he leaves. Then on Thursday morning at 7, we had a Turkey Bowl with the military branches on the base. It was awesome. I think I am still sore from it, but it was great! We had a pretty good turn out and it was fun to play with competitive Americans again. It was really weird because in Japan, people are normally not competitive at all. But Americans on the other hand are competitive at everything! It was a good time. Then that afternoon we had all of the missionaries on the island of Okinawa come to the base and the military branches put on a huge Thanksgiving feast for the Stake. The food was great and we got quite a few leftovers. Also, Thursday night, we were able to teach Nakao san. That lesson went really well. He is really starting to progress which is awesome because apparently he hasn't progressed in a very long time. He is starting to read the Book of Mormon and pray on his own. We are excited for him and really look forward to his progress. Also, please pray for him so that he will get an answer to a prayer. Thanks in advance! On Friday, we flew on a plane up to Fukuoka for another training meeting. It went really good as well. We are excited about where the mission is moving. On Saturday night, we came back home but, it was late so we had to stay in Naha again on Saturday. Then Sunday morning, we road a bus from Naha straight to church and had an awesome Sunday. The members are great and are so willing to help. Then Sunday night, we had a big music devotional about Jesus Christ. It went really well. We sang as missionaries. It was awesome. Tons of people came. We had a ton of help from members and it went awesome. Actually we didn't do anything. It was so different than activities in the past. It seems like we always organized the activities. But, this time a member just took it away and did it all and it went great. Member help is so essential to Missionary work. It can't move forward without it. I have such a strong testimony of them. So I ask that you put forth what you can to help the missionary work in your area. You will make all the difference. I promise. I love you all so much. I know God loves you all so much as well. I'm so excited for Christmas. Such an awesome time to be a missionary. We get to share with everyone why Jesus Christ is important. Awesome!

Love you all
Stubbs Choro!

No comments:

Post a Comment