Hey Friends and Family!
I hope your week was great. It was another fun one here in Okinawa. We had companion exchanges down in Futenma and had lots of success. It was a fun few days. Also, this week we had a bunch of meal appointments haha. I'm being fed soo much here. Just the other day I had a giant steak and pizza hut pizza in the same night! I better be careful or I might get fat. Well, this week we were able to meet with one of our investigators named Nakao san. He is about 40 years old and his mother is a member. He has been coming to church for about a year now, but has still not been able to gain a belief in Christ. When we met this week, we had an awesome talk about him and his life. We really wanted to get to know him instead of just try and teach him. It went really well and he opened up to us. We established that our desire is to help him find faith in Jesus Christ and act on it. He said he was willing to do what we ask him to do. I know that as he keeps the commandments and lives the gospel that he will come closer to Christ. And as he gets closer to Christ, the image will clear and he will begin to know Christ and will have developed the Faith necessary to be a disciple of Christ. I love the gospel and the capacity it has to change the bad within us into good. That power truly comes from Jesus Christ. Another thing I really recognized is how many truly strong families there are in the church. I felt like I met so many this past week. So many people living the gospel as a family. Family scripture study, family prayer, Family home evening. I also see those families and know that it has made a difference in there lives. Living the gospel definitely makes all the difference. We are really hoping this next week that we will be able to meet with a few of our other investigators such as Brother McCleskey. We invited him to hear the lessons and he said he would talk to his wife about it. So we are excited for that too. Also, Brother Bissen is still up in Hokkaido deployed, but we are keeping in touch and trying to help him pray about baptism. I know that when he does that he will get an answer. I love that simple truth! I love you all so much and hope that you have an awesome week. Stay safe and happy!
Stubbs choro
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment