Sunday, December 19, 2010

Monday, December 20, 2010

Hey Friends and Family!
Merry Christmas! This week has been amazing filled with awesome Christmas miracles. The biggest miracle was a guy named Colby Carson. He was brought by a friend to our Christmas party this week. His friend has been teaching him the gospel for about a month now. He has quit smoking, drinking, and is obeying all the commandments and wants to be baptized! He has been so prepared for this. A little over a month ago his life was seeming to fall down around him and he broke down and prayed to God. A week or two later his roommate started telling him about the gospel. Colby felt the spirit and recognized that this was his answer. He just can't get enough of it. He reads the Book of Mormon all the time and loves the peace it brings him. I know he feels the Lord guides his steps at this time. His scheduled baptismal date is for January 1st! If he could he would get baptized tomorrow. But, we are going to work with him and help make sure he is fully ready by the 1st! The Lord truly is amazing. He is a God of Miracles. What I have really learned from this experience so far is that people are being prepared around us all the time. We just need to open our mouths like Colby's friend, Brett, did and miracles will happen! Also, Nakao san is still doing very well. Thank you for all of your prayers. He is really working to be able to be baptized on the 15th of January. We are now going to be teaching him more of the commandments so he is going to need even more help soon! But I know he can do it with the Lord's help. Also, this week we had two really fun Christmas. I love Christmas time. I just feel like everyone has an extra dose of the Spirit or something. Everybody is happy and enjoying their time together. I know that Christ was born in Bethlehem and He was born, lived, and died for us. He did those things so that we could live again with our Families, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and friends! I'm so excited to see you all there! I love you so much and wish you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I love you all so much!

Elder Stubbs

No comments:

Post a Comment